A land forged from the fires of strife, blood of heroes, and touch of the gods.
Where deeds of great valor, vile evils, and blazing passions intertwine
to shape the course of elven and human history within.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Deed is Done

Now is the moment of truth; when I have to decide, is it really ready or do I need ONE MORE PASS THROUGH THE PROOFS?????
OK, relax a little and breathe...
I'm ready to send the proof comments back to the publisher (I think) so the changes and corrections can be inserted into the copy.  Then cross my fingers that I didn't miss something CRITICAL, and only find it when the book is published.
Actually, I'll have one more chance, when the corrected proofs arrive, to look things over.  In the meantime, I'll go through my manuscript (which I remembered to correct along the way, thank you very much) and see if I spot anything lurking between the words.
It's a bit nerve-racking, I'll admit, because I've done this on two other books and found errors I STILL MISSED after going over the proofs seven or eight times.  And I've had other eyes checking, too, so it's not just a case of ME missing things, but simply that readers read what they THINK the words say sometimes, instead of what they actually say.
But here I am, on the cusp (as we say in writing) of finalizing the last step before publication, and hoping I didn't muck it up too badly.
I need a drink...
Or a nap...
Maybe both.

No comments: