A land forged from the fires of strife, blood of heroes, and touch of the gods.
Where deeds of great valor, vile evils, and blazing passions intertwine
to shape the course of elven and human history within.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

On With the Show

Good grief, it's been over three months since I posted!  Where does the time go???

OK, I'll tell you.

A lot has happened since my last post, and here are the high points:
1. A lot of work stuff... you know, work.
2. I retired from my full-time employment job after (1) above as of March 31. That's right, no more 9-to-5 (or in my case, 6:30-to-4) for this boy.
3. I finished up Champions... sort of. Now I'm going through it ONE MORE TIME! as they say.  Why? Because I opened my proof copy to a random page and found an error.  So I decided to read the whole thing over ONE MORE TIME! and guess what?  Yep, more errors. I guess I need a proofreader. Oh, wait...
4. I've slogged through Chapter Ten of Blood Secret. It's been a struggle to get this far and I still have about 70,000 words to go. Crunch time, as they say in Ardwel. I want to debut this book at ConQuesT in 2016, so I need to get crackin'.
5. I've started collecting music for video book trailers and working on pictures/video clips for same. This should be fun. Operative word here is "should". Most likely it will be just as much work as writing itself. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
6. Spring has sprung. That means I'm digging in the dirt. Literally.
7. Gotta get house repairs done and the outside painted.
8. Now that I'm retired, I have time to do a major spring cleaning. Drat!
9. Need to decide if I can still fight in the SCA. Without getting "seriously killed".

OK, so what does all this mean? Well, for one thing, I'll have more time to write, publish, market, advertise, and generally spend on The Ardwellian Chronicles. I'll be attending at least three conventions this year as a dealer/writer (ConQuesT 46 in Kansas City, Osfest 8 in Omaha, and one more yet to be decided). 

It also means a major life change, from working for a living to... everything else. Heck, I might have a job six months from now, or I may be traveling extensively. Don't put any money on that last option, however. At least not until I win the lottery.

But mainly, it means a lot of business a usual; friends, family, writing, yard, maybe a couple of Royals games this year, and watching my new grandson grow. 

Good times.


No comments: