A land forged from the fires of strife, blood of heroes, and touch of the gods.
Where deeds of great valor, vile evils, and blazing passions intertwine
to shape the course of elven and human history within.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Where Does it All Go?

This is getting scary.
Here we are, at the end of another year, and I don't know where it went. Everything was OK through about August, no problems. I had a great summer working on writing, my yard, and oh, yeah, my real life job. Then summer ended (I vaguely remember the End of Summer Party we held Labor Day weekend), and BOOM!!! Thanksgiving went by in a rush of turkey and all the trimmings, Black Friday hit (with fatalities; how can people DO this?) and now we're in December.  Only 23 more shopping days left! 
So where does the time go? If we're busy, it seems to go too fast.  If we're not busy, it seems to go too fast.  And the older I get, the faster it seems to go.  This is not good.  Is there something wrong with the space-time continuum?  
So what does this really have to do with anything?  I mean, there's not much we can do about it, right?  We're all along for the ride and as the saying goes, no one gets out of this alive.
And why in the heck am I so morose on a lovely Sunday morning????
Work continues on the two current projects; Blood Secret (novel number five) and Champions: The Heroes of Ardwel.  I'm deep into a hard-copy edit of the first eight chapters of Blood Secret, trying to figure out where it all went off the tracks (not really; just too many plot lines and I need to cull the herd a bit).  Champions is now on a completely new direction, and it's kinda fun.  Yes, someone whispered into my ear again (make that beat me in the head and yelled repeatedly; figuratively, of course) about "doin' the same thing you did before".  I take direction well, and now we're on a new course.
I have several great artists working on pieces for Champions and I'm contacting more.  What a rush it is to work with artists from everywhere and see their work bring my words to life.  So cool.
Alright, now I'm out of my funk; here's the deal.  I've got to step up my game and get Blood Secret straightened out, because I still have one more novel to write after it (Chitthra's Heart), and FIVE more companion pieces before The Ardwellian Chronicles are complete.
So that, in a nutshell, is why this issue with the space-time continuum is concerning.
Where is Q when you really need him?

No comments: