A land forged from the fires of strife, blood of heroes, and touch of the gods.
Where deeds of great valor, vile evils, and blazing passions intertwine
to shape the course of elven and human history within.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Idle Chatter

I don't do it.  Chat idly, I mean. That's why I blog so infrequently; that and real life intrusions, trying to keep on deadline with my writing, taking time with friends and family, and a few other things. So if that makes me a terrible blogger, sorry.
Anyway, moving on down the line, how 'bout those... ah... er... who won the Superbowl?
OK, Chapter Nine is complete and I'm preparing Chapter Ten as we speak. So much for real news.
I have a writer friend who just received the best bad news a writer could ever want. That's right, I said "best bad news". I'll let you figure that one out.
My own query letter got shot down last week, but it's OK. I know the publisher casually and he's a great guy. He was nice about it and I thanked him for the consideration. You never want to burn those bridges; you might need to cross the river again some day. Thanks Eric for your time. See you at the next event and we can visit again.
March Madness is right around the corner. Got your brackets chosen? Got your bracket-busters picked out? Do you really think you're going to choose all the way through to the Final Four?
Mubarak is out, who's in? Can you say "military dictatorship?" There, I knew you could.
True Grit should win Best Picture, but it won't. Why? Ah... it's a Western, a dead genre.  Until now. Could be interesting.
So how's the weather where you are? And where are you?
...............
See, I have no temperment for idle chatter.
By the way, wipe your feet when you go inside.

No comments: